MEET ANNIKA ROSE
Wedding | Destination | Lifestyle
Hello and welcome!
I'm so thrilled you found my website! My name is Annika and I'm a Catholic wedding photographer based in Evanston, IL/Chicago. I'm married to my husband, Luke! We live in an old style apartment in Evanston, IL about a block away from the Lake Michigan shoreline. Our second home is in Eau Claire, WI where we both grew up about one mile away from each other. We just recently welcomed our baby son into the world June 2022 & it's been the best part of our lives since.
I was first introduced to photography as a toddler when I would spend hours looking through boxes and boxes of family pictures. I remember looking at my parents wedding pictures and being so amazed at all the history one picture could tell. When I bought my first DSLR camera in 2015, I immediately fell in love. After studying a year in Europe casually capturing the breathtaking nature and architecture there and talking with my classmate (now good friend) about her wedding photography business - I knew photography was something I wanted to pursue professionally. With my previous experience in wedding hair and makeup, I knew I wanted to focus on wedding photography and now I have the honor of doing exactly that. It's my favorite thing to capture the raw emotion & sacredness of a wedding day to help the Bride, Groom, and their loved ones remember all the joy, beauty, and grace of their wedding day when they look through the wedding gallery.
A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS
- Jesus / Eastern Catholic Faith
- My husband & Son
- Gardening & wildflowers
- Nutella & Grater's Black Raspberry Chip Ice Cream
- Listening to Audiobooks & Audiodramas
- Kittens | Luke says I love them a little too much
- Traveling and finding the authentic parts of a place I'm visiting
- Games | I thought I was always up for a game until I met Luke and now I know I'm up to play a game only 70% of the time
- Outdoor sports especially swimming
- Watching Survivor with Luke and strategizing what the best moves would be
- Summer mornings, afternoons, evenings, and nights